The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
Mrs Roisin McDermottBusiness Mentor & Trainer Seed Mentoring
I’m a Business Adviser, Mentor, Trainer, Project Manager, specialising in business start up, female entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
I quit Employment in 2009, after 13 years working for enterprise agencies, 7 of which I was the Manager of East Belfast Enterprise. During that time I lead the development and build of a £3m business centre (even though I had no construction skills!!). City East is now a thriving successful hub for business on the Lower Newtownards Road in close proximity of Belfast city centre.
I’m a mum of 3 kids with a hubby who works away a lot which is why being self-employed suits me. I also feel my own personal journey makes me a better mentor – as well as working on the business stuff I can identify with all the challenges of getting started and being a mumpreneur!!
Over the years I’ve worked a lot on social enterprise and sat on many Voluntary Boards. I’ve been supporting Specialisterne NI for 5 years, a social enterprise who help young people and adults with autism improve their job prospects and get into work. I am currently Treasurer and the only original Board member.
14 years ago I was one of the original founders of Women in Business. I had been running a programme with female entrepreneurs in the Greater Belfast area and it had just come to the end. The group said “Roisin we love our meetings, can you support us to keep meeting and invite more women along too?” And so it all began..I found funding, lead the set up of a Board and scheduled regular events. I was a Board Member for 7 years and now work for Women in Business on a freelance basis delivering programmes to startups.
I work on business mentoring, business training, project management, grant funding, group facilitation, business plans and strategy. I mainly work through Council programmes or for enterprise agencies or not for profit organisations. I have a degree in European Business Studies, and MBA and a Diploma in Digital Marketing.
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support