The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
HR Made EasyHR Made Easy Contact: Johanna Scullion
Hi I am Johanna, a wife & mother to three little ones. Forever a Donegal girl now living in the heart of Mid Ulster, Northern Ireland. As a business owner working around my family I am used to walking the fine line between trying to find balance between business success and being a good wife and mummy to the rest of Team Scullion. It is not always easy, we all try to do too much. We think we can do it all ourselves. We think we will look weak if we ask for help. But I am here to say please ask me to help with your HR, because I really can make a difference.
WHY SHOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME WHEN I TALK ABOUT HR?
In my professional life I am a Chartered MCIPD HR & Business Consultant with 20 years experience of helping businesses of all sizes and in all sectors manage their people. I have worked across private, public and voluntary sectors; across consulting houses (including Big4 and top10), lectured in university for 10 of those years and since 2012 I have been running my own boutique HR consultancy here in Northern Ireland.
I fell in love with owner managed businesses very early in my career. I love the passion and drive you have for your business and the work that you do. I passionately believe that good HR is not just for large businesses, it is for every business no matter how small, unique or niche whether you have one employee or one thousand, you deserve good HR. More than anything I believe that the best HR is informal HR, where business owners and managers talk to their staff on a daily basis. When wins are celebrated and losses are seen as a learning opportunity not a failure. However, there are times when businesses need to turn to more formal HR techniques, managing probation, dealing with a grievance allegation, investigating a disciplinary case. I want to empower you to have the confidence to use formal HR when necessary without being afraid or uncertain. I want to ensure that you know exactly what to do, what documents you need, be aware in advance of potential challenges that may arise and be ready to manage your HR with the same confidence you sell your favourite product to a new customer.
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support