The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
Mrs Emma Louise Thorpe
From the age of 4 I have had a love of making beautiful things, ingrained in me by mother and my grandmother. What started off as a passion for knitting is now a passion for creating unique sterling silver jewellery using ancient metal working techniques.
My work is inspired by the rich and vibrant history and outstanding natural beauty of where I grew up, and still live, the stunning Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland. My connection with this place feeds into my work, weaving meaning and significance into each piece I make, from the powerful North Atlantic waves crashing on the shoreline, to the sunken treasure of the Spanish Armada; the spectacular geology of the Giant’s Causeway and even the enormous amount of rain we get. It is all subtly reflected in my work. The techniques I use: chainmail, viking knitting, hand-forging and sand-casting, originate from my interest in ancient metalworking techniques, which I became fascinated by during my previous career as an archaeologist.
The influences of both my grandmother and where I am from led me to name the business Atlantic Rose. “Atlantic” for where I grew up and “Rose” for my Nan, Rosena Shaw, or “Rose” as she was known to family and friends. In fact that’s Nan’s handwriting you see in the Atlantic Rose logo. She was an amazing artist and a huge creative influence in my life. Sadly she died before I launched my business but I like to think she’s still with me in spirit.
Each handmade piece I create is unique, from bespoke wedding bands, to custom-made necklaces and gemstone set pendants. My full range of jewellery is available to purchase in Makers’ House in The Designerie, Bushmills, or you can purchase via my website.
Jewellery is an incredibly personal thing. Finding the right piece can be extraordinarily difficult. I work closely with customers, to design and create distinctive jewellery that will be treasured forever; beautiful pieces with meaning, that will make you look and feel fabulous.
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support