The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
Dandy Lion HolywoodDandy Lion Holywood Contact: Jane Dazzle
Dandy Lion Holywood – is situated in Audley Court, beside The Bay Tree restaurant. I just wanted a tea and cinnamon bun, but when I saw the lovely little shop that was up for rent, I thought – what the heck, why not?! – I have a full time job as a Creative Director for a health supplements wholesaler, and to be honest hadn’t really thought out the whole opening and running a shop thing in much detail – other than, Im sure Im capable of doing this…lol.
Had to spend the next 6 weeks trying to source stock, its been such fun, Ive spent endless days and nights at auctions, markets and trade shows, gone to Paris and Spain to buy stock, brought a lot home in suitcases, shipped the rest. The people who have helped out have been as crazy as me, and I couldn’t have done it without them ( and the biggest thanks to my partner, Guy!)
Make a business plan they said – yes, yes, I will get round to it said I. In the meantime collated stock consisting of antiques, vintage, retro, old and new. Tried and tested delicious edibles ( I did say this was fun) – raided my mums house for more stock (she’s such a hoarder!) The local business people helped out too, and on the day the shop finally opened they came round to give us flowers and cards.
Where do I see Dandy Lion going as a business venture – well thats really up to you all, and I hope you adore the little shop as much as I do….please do call in and say hello, you might just not expect to find the things you do!
Dandy Lion – Shop of Unexpected Things
Dandy Lion 118 High Street Holywood BT18 9HW Northern Ireland
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support