The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
Bernie RaffertyBernie Rafferty global business
My name is Bernie Rafferty.
I am a mum of 4 boys aged 4, 7, 9 and 11.
My background is paediatric nursing, however whilst I was on maternity leave with my 4th child I began looking for something that would enable me to be at home more with my children and avoid having to return to nursing full time.
During this time I became a customer of Forever living products through a good friend of mine. For anyone who doesn’t know this company they are a large reputable American based health and wellness company who specialise in Aloe Vera and bee products which I fell in love with.
I was then introduced to the business opportunity with Forever and I saw the potential to achieve the work life balance I was looking for. I started my home based business and 4 months later I was able to return to nursing on part time hours which allowed me to be at home more with my boys.
I worked the business in the nooks and crannies of my busy life and I now have a global business built with a strong team most of whom are also mums who were also looking for the same work life balance as I was, but I also work with a lot of people who build their forever business along side their full time jobs.
Fast forward 2 years to June 2017 and I was unfortunately diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and had to go off on sick leave from nursing as I embarked on a 14 month journey of chemo, surgery, radiotherapy and 12 months of injections for the type of cancer I had.
Throughout my treatment, my Forever business provided me with a welcome distraction and focus through a very tough time and during that time my business grew.
I am now in remission and on an unpaid career break from nursing and Forever is now my sole income moving from my plan B to my plan A.
I’m now enjoying being a full time mum and working on my terms ❤️
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support