The MAW Network Business Directory
Check out our full directory of businesses in our community – The MAW Network Business Directory for female business owners and entrepreneurs.
Join our community of over 3700 like minded women on Facebook
AmMiaAmMia Contact: Michelle Cummins
A little about us.. I have 2 boys, 19 and 3 and my youngest is my beautiful daughter Amelie Mia who is 22 months and who I have created AmMia for (the Am stands for And Mummy).
Amelie was diagnosed at birth with Down syndrome that devastated us all. Thankfully I think I’m coming to the end of the grieving process which I now know is quite normal but hadn’t at the time.
I knew I had to do something to distract my thoughts spiralling out of control so I started crocheting baby blankets in July 2018 for baby twins that have since arrived safely. It was then when I came up with AmMia and a logo in my head and my wonderful patient loving husband who made it a reality and I started crocheting what I hope are pretty things just like my daughter.
At the moment we make anything crochet and knitted from keyrings to bookmarks, baby blankets, Christmas decorations and beautiful newborn photography props.
AmMia I hope is my daughters future in whichever format and interest she wants. I will continue to learn new things to teach her. I have plans for exciting new products soon that are completely different to crochet but inspired by her. 20% of all profits are donated to North Down and Ards Down syndrome support group and the rest set aside for my baby girl.
In the future I would really love AmMia to be a drop in centre for parents, children with Down syndrome and siblings to hang out, chat, do crafts , have fun and just be. I strongly believe this needs to be connected with the trust as we left the hospital shell shocked with a print out and no support. Hopefully one day this dream will become true.
I have planted the seed and will do everything I can for AmMia to grow and ask that you help us to with every like, share and comment.
Love Amelie and mummy x
BANGOR County Down BT20 3EW United Kingdom
To add your details, become a member
Inclusion in our public online directory:
Members and non-members alike use our public online directory whenever they are looking to refer or hire female professionals in a particular field. You can add a bio, multiple categories, photos of yourself and products and logos. It’s the easiest way to be able to find and refer each other.
Instantly grow your network when you become a member:
When you join, you immediately tap into a “circle of support” by gaining entry to our VIP Members Club, smaller group of women who share your values. We want to know you, your business, and what we can do to help you succeed.
Our platform provides members with the ability to connect with each other online. Members collaborate so they can help each other with connect with shared audiences. This way they reach each other’s audiences and fans. We help them set new goals, reach new targets and gain new customers.
Practical ways we can help female business owners and entrepreneurs:
- Join our online networking group and take part in our daily posts (this is free to join)
- Promote yourself as a VIP Member in this fantastic platform – this is only £49.99 / year
- Join us on Twitter every Sunday Morning 9-10am and Network for free using the #mumsatworkhour hashtag
- Add your details to our online directory as a VIP Member (included in the yearly fee of £49.99) and improve your SEO
- Once you are a VIP Member, you also have access to free online digital marketing resources in our membership area
- Come along to our local free coffee mornings – these can be viewed here
- Attend our “ELEVATE YOUR BUSINESS” Networking Events which are designed to inspire and motivate you, and to help you realise new goals and ways to elevate your business, brand, products and services.
- As a VIP Member, you also can also access our VIP Members Only Group and ask others for advice and support