Optimizing your Instagram Course
We have created this course Optimizing your Instagram to help you set up and Instagram Account and direct people to you, your website and to help increase sales.
When you want to get the best out of Instagram, a business account is going to offer some extra features.
Whilst the normal Instagram account offers basic features like one link of your website, the Instagram business account allows the addition of company website, office’s physical location and email address too.
These sections are not only text fields but action buttons that your visitors can use to purchase your services or products. There is also a button to take them to your IGTV Videos and Events Page if you are selling events.
Here is a step by step guide on how to set up a business Instagram account:
- Many social media platforms provide the same functionality on their apps and websites but you can only post through the Instagram app not via the website. Firstly you need to download the Instagram app from the App or Playstore.
- Once you have created your Instagram personal account you need to switch to a business account later. When you first open the app you will see this screen which will ask you to sign up using your email. Use the email address which is connected to your business here.
- You will then be asked to add your name and a profile picture. Add the name of your business as it appears on your website or other social platforms. It is important to keep this consistent across all platforms as it will make it easier for customers to find you. Use your company logo or a recognisable picture for your profile picture.
- Once you have done this, your basic Instagram account is set up. Now you will be given the option to connect with people via your contacts or Facebook, but you can come back to this later, once you have set up your business account. To change your new Instagram account into a business account; go to your profile page and click the bar icon in the top right hand corner. At this point you will be presented with a set of options – choose the ‘settings’ option. In the settings menu go to the ‘Account’ Tab. After you click on the account tab you should see a list of options on your screen. You’ll want to click ‘Switch to a business account’.
Connecting to Facebook
- At this stage you will be asked to connect to a Facebook Business page. You can skip this step and come back to it later if you don’t want to complete at this point. However, it is recommended to connect with Facebook, as it will be easier to combine your following across platforms.
- Lastly you will be asked to add contact information. This is very important as you want your customers to know how to contact you via email, phone or address.
This course is FREE for Mums at Work VIP Members – Join us by clicking the button below. Add your business details to our directory, add your events to our online calendar, promote your offers in our group and post your job opportunities on our jobs dashboard
MAW Network Membership